STUDY IN GERMANY :
Germany the Federal Republic of Germany is a federal parliamentary republic in western-central Europe. The country consists of 16 states and its capital and largest city is Berlin. Total population of Germany is 80,523,700 as on December 31, 2012.
Germany is the world’s fourth-largest economy by nominal GDP and the fifth-largest by purchasing power parity. As a global leader in several industrial and technological sectors, it is the second-largest exporter and third-largest importer of goods. The country ranks highly in many international metrics of performance, has developed a very high standard of living. Germany was a founding member of the European Community in 1957, which became the EU in 1993. It is part of the Schengen Area, and has been a member of the euro area since 1999. Germany is considered a great power in regional and global affairs, and is a member of several international institutions, including the United Nations, NATO, the G8, the G20, the OECD and the Council of Europe. It took a non-permanent seat on the UN Security Council for the 2011–2012 terms. CURRENCY OF GERMANY – EURO (EURO)
WHY STUDY IN GERMANY :
- Germany has much to offer as a place to study. Internationally recognized qualification such as Bachelors & Masters .This allows accumulation & transfer of study & exam modules .Germany is one of the most highly developed industrial nations in the world and, after the USA and Japan has the world’s third largest national economy.
- Germany is a land of ideas. Education, science and research play a central role here. Germany is one of the countries most preferred by International students, a hub of cutting-edge international research and a constant source of new patents.
- Germany is a place of remarkable beauty and stunning splendor. Its been associated with learning as the oldest university in Germany was founded in Heidelberg in 1386. Germany currently has more than 300 institutions of higher education that include 82 universities, 132 such institutions that offer shorter and practically oriented courses, and other institutions. Germany has a high turnout of foreign students as it offers a high range of study possibilities.
EDUCATION SYSTEM :
Globally around 1.8 million students pursue higher studies abroad. Of these, approximately one tenth come to Germany. German Universities are autonomous and provide special emphasis on research and teaching. Some of the groundbreaking discoveries that the world has seen have been the result of German Universities. This is one of the strongest reasons why students increasingly prefer Germany for research studies.
German Universities offer courses in Medicine, Engineering, Management, Law, English and various other disciplines. Academic freedom is one of the main characteristics of the German university system and is one of the reasons why public universities in Germany don’t charge any fee.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
The main intake offered by all Universities is September, Deadlines: from 15th Feb till 31st May.
Few universities offer in March, Deadlines: from 15th Nov till Jan Last.
ENTRY CRITERIA :
- UNDERGARADUATE 13years of Education is mandatory (12 + 1year from University). If not then students can go via 1year Foundation Course Or 10 year Education + 3 year Diploma. IELTS – 6.0 overall or TOEFL – 80 points (IBT).
- MASTERS 15 & 16 year Education with 75% or 2.75 GPA. IELTS – 6.5 overall or TOEFL – 85points (IBT) German language upto 200hrs. GRE – 1300 and 1 year experience for Mechanical engineering and related studies.
- MBA 15 & 16 years of Education with Relevant Subjects. IELTS – 6.5 or TOEFL – 85points (IBT) Work Experience 2 – 3 year at managerial level GMAT – 550 (exceptionally required).