SAT: SCHOLASTIC ASSESSMENT TEST :
SAT or Scholastic Assessment Test is a world renowned admission test required to be given by the candidates desirous of taking admission to undergraduate programs primarily in USA and Singapore. SAT scores are used by more than 4000 undergraduate programs primarily in USA and Singapore.
SAT is conducted six times a year in India, in the months of October, November, December, January, May and June. Barring January, the test scheduled on first Saturday of these months. For January, it happens on the last Saturday.
TEST FORMAT :
The following sections compose the SAT test.
|Writing (3 sections)||60 minutes|
||49 questions spread over two sections||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Reasoning (3 section)||54 questions spread over three sections.||70 minutes|
|Critical Reasoning (3 sections)||67 questions spread over three sections.||70 minutes|
|Experimental section||Varies||25 minutes|
|Total Duration||about 4 hours inclusive breaks|
- Essays are scored by two graders on a scale of 0 – 6 in 1 point increment. These scores are added to create a score on 0 – 12 scale.
- Quantitative Reasoning section is scored on a scale of 130 – 170 in 1 point increment.
- Quantitative Reasoning section is scored on a scale of 200 – 800 in 10 points increment.
- Critical Reading section is scored on a scale of 200 – 800 in 10 points increment.
- Writing section scored on a scale of 200 – 800 in 10 points increment.
- Good score is 2100+ / 2400.
MISCELLANEOUS DETAILS :
|Score Validity||5 years|
|Test Fee||$ 106(with essay)/$94(without essay)|
|Nature of Test||Computer Based Test|
|Test Administration Frequency||6 times a year|