GMAT: GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ADMISSIONS TEST:
GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test is a world renowned admission test required to be given by the candidates desirous of taking admission to graduate management programs at management education institutions throughout the world. The GMAT is designed to help graduate schools of business assess the qualifications of applicant for advanced study in business and management. GMAT scores are used by more than 3000 graduate management programs throughout the World.
TEST CONTENT :
The GMAT test measures general verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing skills that are developed over a long period of time and are associated with academic success in the core courses of graduate management programs. From June 5th, 2012, GMAT now has a new specific content areas, nor does it measure achievement in any particular subject area
TEST FORMAT :
The following sections will compose the Next Generation GMAT test:
|Analytical Writing Assessment (Analysis of an argument)||1||30 minutes|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||30 minutes|
|Total Duration||About 4 hours inclusive break & tutorial.|
- Essays are scored on a scale of 0 – 6 in 0.5 increments.
- Integrated Reasoning section is scored on a scale of 1 – 8 in 1 point increment.
- Quantitative section is scored on a scale of 0 – 60 in 1 point increment.
- Verbal section is scored on a scale of 0 – 60 in 1 point increment.
- Scaled scores of Quantitative and Verbal sections are added to create a score on the scale of 200 – 800 in 10 points.
- Increment. 650+ score is considered good score.
MISCELLANEOUS DETAILS :
Overall score is a mark out of 90. The good score of 65 which is a good indication of your English language ability in real-life academic situations:
|Score Validity||5 years|
|Nature of Test||Computer Based Test|
|Test Administration Frequency||On fixed date.|